Use Health Benefits and FSA Funds to Your Advantage
While only a limited number of health insurance plans offer coverage for hearing aids, Amherst Audiological Services, participates with most of these plans. If Amherst Audiological Services is a preferred provider with your insurance company, we will directly bill your insurance for payment. Your employer may also offer an FSA or HSA (flexible spending account or health spending account) that pulls money from your paycheck pre-tax and sets it aside for future medical expenses. In this case, the costs would still come out of your pocket, but it would be untaxed. If you’ve already used your FSA funds for the year, please consider what your hearing needs will be next year when you sit down with your company’s benefits coordinator and decide how much of your paycheck you’d like to reserve tax-free. Please be sure to contact us with any insurance concerns.
Amherst Audiological Services participates with most major insurance carriers serving the Western New York area including:
- Aetna including Medicare Advantage
- American Hearing Benefits (AHB)
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Western New York – including Medicare Advantage Plan with hearing aid benefit
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield Federal
- Empire Plan
- Independent Health – including Medicare Advantage Plan with hearing aid benefit
- Your Hearing Network (YHN)
- Univera Healthcare – including Medicare Advantage Plan with hearing aid benefit
- United Auto Workers (UAW) – including GM active and retirees, Ford active and retirees, and other UAW plans
Don’t see your insurance listed here – Call us we would be happy to check on your coverage.
**Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) will cover the diagnostic hearing and balance exams only if your primary care physician orders these tests based on symptoms, conditions, or complaints that would require medical treatment. Medicare does not currently cover routine hearing exams or treatment, including hearing aids or exams for fitting hearing aids.