There is no higher priority for Amherst Audiological Services than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. Our office is currently maintaining the highest standards for infection control and prevention. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the New York State Department of Health to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
In accordance with interim guidance from the CDC, we are also taking the following additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- All patients must have a mask or face covering that covers both their nose and mouth and that must be worn throughout the appointment.
- Patients should attend appointments alone or if needed accompanied by a single caregiver or assistant.
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk.
- Dropping in can create a crowd in our waiting rooms. Please call to arrange a time if you need service on your hearing aids or any supplies.
- We have instructed providers and staff to stay home if they are sick. If your provider becomes ill, we will ask them to stay home, and we sincerely apologize if this means we need to reschedule your appointment!
If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss. We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time, when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
If you are having problems with your hearing aids and feel you cannot come in right away, please call us at (716) 239-4800 and we’ll see whether we can help you over the phone. We can offer remote appointments through mobile phones, home computers, or tablets. We can also offer remote programming of some hearing aids. Finally, we have drive-up options available where our staff will come out to your car and take your hearing aids into our office where we can clean and check the aids while you wait. Please feel free to call with any questions — we are always happy to hear from our patients.
Sincerely,Amherst Audiological Services